Writers Playground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A sandbox for writers of all genres, offering peer reviews, technical discussion, and more!

2 posters

Being Published

cinda

Being Published Empty Being Published

Post by cinda Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:36 pm

I have gotten published through Xlibris Print on demand. The experience was just that, and experience. Since then, everyone does a blog. I recommend doing a blog first and having the option as blog, book ready to print.
    Since I had published Xlibris sold overseas and have been hounding me to buy more books or pay to advertise. That is such a waste when a blog is for free. Of course there are those who like a paper copy of their writes with the copyrights. I am copyrighted so my blog is protected.
    I have learned more from my experience writing at Poet Share in all my years of writing poetry. I have also accumilated a family of friends that far surpass those in the book selling business. I highly recommend people to be a member, develope your literary skills and enjoy the journey of blossoming.
    I only have nice things to say about both sites, Poet Share and this new one. Jamie continue the good work to help people like me. Also it helps with learning computer skills. LOL ~ flower
    Harklight
    Harklight

Being Published Empty Re: Being Published

Post by Harklight Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:25 am

Thanks for sharing your experience, Cinda. It sounds as though Xlibris Print will continue pestering you, hoping that you'll concede and buy your own books. Good on you for being sensible enough to say "no".
    I'm very glad that you joined Poet Share, where we met, and now Writers Playgound. Both sites benefit from having you as a member. We enjoy your poetry and watching your writing grow. Thanks for all of your Mod work. We wouldn't be the same without you. H x

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:10 pm