Writers Playground

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A sandbox for writers of all genres, offering peer reviews, technical discussion, and more!

2 posters

The Realm of Senses

*Augustus*
    *Augustus*

The Realm of Senses Empty The Realm of Senses

Post by *Augustus* Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:02 pm

The Realm of Senses

I felt you dream upon my shadow
    to let the night surrender me from harm,
    I heard your laugh like a calling bird for thunder,
    you spied into the safety of my glee.

All for the love of dancing on the spine of life,
    we must travel like the wise into the wheat-
    cherish me forgotten and venture into my chest,
    find love a glowing beacon for your relief.

When our silk lips surrender to the realm of senses
    touch will be the grace- bequeath for our pleasures,
    our hearts will beat as one inside our blazing adore-
    clothe will dance upon the floor, leaving us exposed…

But I ask you what love isn’t, naked like the flame of zeal
    Harklight
    Harklight

The Realm of Senses Empty Re: The Realm of Senses

Post by Harklight Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:26 am

I'll get back to this piece, Jay. Sorry, I'm out of time to read it properly.

*Returned*: The opening line is like light reverie felt in dusky gloom: sweet. While the words alone have a certain allure, some loose synonyms might not literally be what you intended. Fixing a few typo’s will help the read.
    This line is pure charm: “When our silk lips surrender to the realm of senses
    touch will be the grace”. I mostly felt the relief in release from this write. H x

*Augustus*
    *Augustus*

Post by *Augustus* Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:56 pm

While the words alone have a certain allure, some loose synonyms might not literally be what you intended. Fixing a few typo’s will help the read.

Hey H, thank you so much for your wonderful comment. I would love if you could point out the typo's and synonyms so I can progress in my writing. PM me if you like. Thank you xx
    Harklight
    Harklight

Post by Harklight Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:17 pm

Hi Jay ... thanks for being open to suggestions.
    Few typos are in third stanza: bequeathed (in context) for bequeath, ardour for adore and cloth (or clothes) for clothe.
    Synonyms are diverse but these are some ideas. Other words may better suit your intent and maintain your poem's tender tone. "surrender" fits ideally with "silk lips" in third stanza but, in the first, night can't surrender me from harm. If you mean protect, perhaps use a word like render, shelter or deliver? Given the stanza's tone, "you spied into" feels an unwelcome intrusion. Many synonyms replace spied. I pondered what you meant by "cherish me forgotten". The invitation is present tense but forgotten is past. A present or future tense word suits here.
    A semi-colon fits after thunder, love and end line's you: most aptly in end line. But I ask you; what love isn’t naked like the flame of zeal?
    While wishing to not influence the gentle tone in your write, I hope this helps.
    Feel free to post any revision below or in the Peer Review boards. H x

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 12:30 am